The simpler the truth, the more profound, and the more frequently I must be reminded of it. This is one reason I write my thoughts down. What I write, I remember. If I don’t remember, I can look it up again. Here are 10 thoughts that have stood out to me.
10. Secret to unimaginable success: Do what you say you are going to do. That’s it! Really. That. Is. It.
9. If, as the employee of a startup, you have the same relationship with the founder that you did the day the company started, then the company is not growing.
8. You can’t be in it just for yourself. If you are in it for others, they will be in it for you.
7. If you have a vision, share it. This is the first step to conviction on the road to success.
6. The military gives medals to people who sacrifice for others. In business, we give bonuses to people who sacrifice for us.
5. Review your priorities. Stand for something that will endure the test of time.
4. God put his spirit in us: a God of abundance, a God of dreams without constraints. Seek God with all your heart and you will find him and the dreams he has for you.
3. Value is narrow and not wide. Fail wide and you are dead. Fail narrow and live another day.
2. To be a craftsman requires thought. Thought requires quiet. Lose the quiet and a craftsman withers away.
1. What makes for a great company? A buying market and great people serving that market. A simple success formula not readily found.