For three decades I’ve used the “Next-Step Methodology.” I use it to help startup entrepreneurs maintain their momentum. The steps are deceptively simply:
1. Define your next milestone.
2. Itemize the tasks leading to the achievement of the milestone.
3. Admit to yourself you can only focus on one task at a time with excellence.
4. Decide on the task which keeps the momentum toward the milestone.
5. Do this next step until it is completed.
This Next-Step Methodology works. I’ve seen it work. Successful launches of sustainable companies follow it. It is simple and can be practiced daily. It is the best way to build value without wasting time and money, the two greatest resources of a startup. Focus on the next step and boost the momentum which attracts employees, customers and money.
What’s your startup entrepreneurial challenge? Your tweets help me decide what to write about next. @cpaparelli