Here are 15 thoughts to inspire and encourage you as you pursue your entrepreneurial vision.
15. Do everything to the best of your ability. Set a personal standard of excellence. You may not always be the best, but you can be your best all the time.
14. Serve others by helping them achieve their dreams. This is a wonderful legacy.
13. Family first. You can’t take your money to heaven, but you can take your wife and kids.
12. Rejection may sting, but it has very little to do with you. It’s not personal. They had someone else in mind.
11. Listen to all of it, and then listen to yourself.
10. An entrepreneur must be true to himself and to work. What else is there?
9. Don’t be afraid to fail. Embrace it. If you don’t, you will never know what could have been. Dream and do.
8. Put everything into everything you do.
7. There is a time when your best is not good enough. This is the reality of the world. Live with no regrets. Try, do, fail, get up, succeed.
6. Our four needs: 1. Meaningful work. 2. Someone to love. 3. Someone to believe in. (Jesus is the choice here.) 4. Something to hope for.
5. “Servant leaders are not remembered for their service. They are remembered by the servant leaders they helped create.” (Statement made by my good friend and entrepreneur Rusty Gordon.)
4. In servant leadership, if the hierarchy is not truly upside down, it will eventually go away…completely.
3. A story is a character that has to change to get what he wants, and they always have a guide. What is your story?
2. Market momentum should be checked against what is happening on the ground. What are the uninvolved people doing and saying?
1. Be accountable to reliable people.